Thursday, September 14, 2006

Long Day

Wow, I'm tired. Today has been a really, really long day. Work this morning feels like it was about six days ago.
I waited tables for 3 1/2 hours this morning/afternoon, then finished box office orientations for all my freshmen workers (and thank the lord those are over, it just gets so tedious repeating myself to a new group every half hour), then went to my Backgrounds of Modern Theatre class, then stage managed Mandi's rehearsal for 2 1/2 hours, and by that time it was 10:30 PM and I'd been running around since 10 AM without a break. Damn. At least it's the weekend now.

I don't really have anything interesting to say. Oh, but good news! Amanda and Dr. C both got accepted to the conference as well, which is great because now I don't have to go to Ohio by myself! Dr. S told Amanda, "I can just see it now...you and Dr. C will start drinking and Ashley will be shaking her head and saying, 'This isn't a good idea'". Amanda told him that clearly he doesn't know me very well! Haha. Yet another person utterly convinced for no good reason at all whatsoever that I'm sweet and innocent.
I'm in the process of trying to pick my thesis committee, which is stressing me out for no reason. I don't know why it's so hard for me to just knock on a professor's door and say, "Hi, would you consider being a reader on my thesis committee?" I only need two readers and I already know who I want, ideally, but I just can't bring myself to ask for some reason. What's the worst that can possibly happen? They'll say, "No, sorry, I'm too busy," or maybe even, "Who the hell are you? You were in my directing class last year? Really?" and neither of those responses are the end of the world. Well, okay, the second one would suck. But I also don't think the second one would really happen. So yeah, I don't know why this is stressing me out so much. I'm such a baby sometimes.
However, I did finally get up the nerve to talk to my Backgrounds professor tonight and tell her I'm going to have to miss her class twice, and she assured me that my absences won't negatively affect my grade unless I miss a third time. And there's no way I'm missing a third time. So that's reassuring.

So yeah. Everything is going fine on the school front, and everything is pretty dull in the rest of my life right now. I'm drama free at the moment, and while it makes for boring journal entries it makes for a pretty nice life.

Finally, I did this palm reading thing today. The whole thing is probably crap, but here are the notable points:
-I think the reading was COMPLETELY off when it comes to my life line, since it claimed I like to live in the moment and don't worry about the past or future, and we all know that's total crap. I try not to worry much about the past, that's true, but I can't freakin' stop thinking about the future, even when I want to.
-My head line indicates that I'm equally comfortable as both a leader and a follower. I was pegged dead on when it said taking charge is not something I usually want and I'm happy to step aside and let someone else take the lead but if no one else steps up I know I'm capable of taking a leadership role. It also said I'm rational and analytical (surprise, surprise) but that my complex though process could come off as being unusual or convoluted. I think that's pretty dead on as well.
-My heart line indicates that I have commitment issues. I find this interesting, only because it's about the fourth or fifth time in my life these stupid palm reading/astrology/numerology things have indicated that I have problems with emotional commitment in relationships and when it comes up that often you can't help but wonder if it's true. It also indicates that people that don't know me well may find me distant, and I agree with that part 100%. But honestly, I've never had trouble being loyal and committed in relationships...so far. My heart line also indicates that I'm very analytical about my relationships and I spend a lot of time trying to understand my relationships. Can't deny that.
-I'm very focused on goals and will be successful in a creative career. Awesome.
-Most interesting, in my opinion, the attachment lines indicate that I will be married more than once or have several committed relationships that do not lead to marriage. I'm cool with that as long as it all shakes out that I have several committed relationships that don't lead to marriage but only one that does. 'Cause I'd really rather not have multiple marriages. I think I'd even rather never get married at all than get married and divorced...I think. My attachment lines also indicate that I'll have the opportunity to have at least one child, and of my child/children at least one will be a girl.

We'll see, palm. We'll see.

No comments: