Sunday, September 24, 2006

Bah to Titles

#1-I have a full thesis committee!! And in the affirmative reply from my department chair, he spelled believe "beleive", which makes me kinda happy just because.

#2-I met a guy last night. This is a pretty big deal, since the last time I met a truly intriguing new guy was, um, about a year and a half ago. And that fizzled extremely fast. I know the exact same thing could happen now, and this feeling could be totally gone by next week. But right now I can honestly say that I feel excited about this in a way I haven't felt excited about a guy in a really, really, really long time. I'm a fickle bitch and I could be totally off this guy 24 hours from now. I know that. But I hung out one-on-one with him tonight and we spent two hours sitting on his patio talking and he made it clear that he's very, very into me but didn't remotely try to talk me into bed. All in all it was the best first date I've had in years. Even if it doesn't go anywhere else, at least there's that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes you are one fickle bitch! now this was posted on sunday and it is currently thursday....and my phone still has yet to ring with details of this guy.....i hope that changes tonight (i get off work around 930lol) love you! ~matthew