Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Love my pointless post

I don't even know why I bother doing posts like this, where all I say is "Hello, I don't have time to write." It's so pointless. And yet here I am doing it.
I also know I said I wouldn't just use this thing to bitch so I'm going to try to refrain from doing that but
FUCK, my lead actor dropped out of my directing scene TODAY. Today is Tuesday. The final performance is on SATURDAY. I want to kill this kid, but I can't. I can't even call him and yell at him because the motherfucker doesn't have a cell phone and trying to convey the amount of anger and disappointment I'm feeling through an e-mail is just going to frustrate me even more. Luckily my friend Skyler volunteered to step into the role when I called him in a blind panic this afternoon so he's hopefully memorizing lines right this second and we're gonna have two rehearsals between now and Saturday and since it should be very clear to my professor that I had to have a last minute actor switch I hope he'll grade leniently and everything should be okay. The whole thing pissed me off, though. A month of rehearsals down the drain. This is exactly why I hate projects that require me to rely on other people. I will never trust again! (Melodramatic gasp, hand to forehead, faints to couch, etc.)
This particular week is going to suck because I have to stage manage directing scenes every night this week from 3 until midnight and then on Saturday from 11 until 6. RIDICULOUS, in a very bad way. The mornings are taken up by various rehearsals and attempting to wear the dog out as much as possible so that he's okay with being home alone for 9 hours every day. And somewhere in there I have to memorize lines and blocking for the scene I'm in on Saturday and write the 10 page paper that's due next Wednesday. Wednesday night I'll cram for my final on Thursday. Next Friday I'll finally have a free day and I figure I'll really need to rest by then. Which leaves that Saturday and Sunday to work on the final Stage Management paper that's due Monday and my final promptbook and script analysis for Directing that's due on Tuesday. Oh, and my dog needs to do several obedience classes Saturday-Tuesday so I can get my money's worth by finishing the course before I leave for Christmas.
It's gonna suck. But this pre-Christmas vacation time of year kind of sucks for everyone, I think. As much as I love Thanksgiving, it just gives me a taste of vacation that makes it that much harder to wait until Christmas.
Christmas is so soon, though! And it's gonna be a great break. For the first time in five years I won't have anything to do over break at all. No schoolwork, no preparing for auditions, no working on college or grad school applications. An entire month of doing absolutely nothing unless I want to do it! And so many fun things are lined up: visiting my friends in Fort Worth for a few days, Christmas itself, the family trip to Vegas for Chelsea's birthday, Mike coming here to San Marcos to stay for almost a week...I cannot wait.
Anyway, I was gonna attempt to get some work done on my paper tonight but after our final theatre history class all of us including the professor went to the bar for drinks and two hours and a few drinks later I'm no longer in a working mood. I am in a GOOD mood, though. I think every class should end at the bar. It was great to just chill with everyone for a while and not think about school-related things. And of course we all vowed to hang out a lot more often because we had so much fun together but it's just so hard to find the time. Graduate school really is a strangely solitary thing.
I also can't concentrate on my paper because I keep thinking about how awesome Thanksgiving was and how I really just want to be sitting somewhere laughing with Mike right now.

Soon, soon, soon.
Alright, I'm gonna go organize my stage management notebook and memorize my lines since that doesn't require complete sobriety.

No comments: