Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Time Goes By So Slowly

I can't wait to grow up and become Madonna.

I thought I'd be sad not being with my family for Thanksgiving, but honestly, I haven't minded nearly as much as I thought I would. It helps that I just saw them last weekend for my show. That was fun, by the way. Did I mention that the fire alarm went off in the middle of the show the night that my family came to watch? And that I was house managing that night and that the stage manager and I had to be in charge of evacuating the theater? And that we had never actually discussed an evacuation plan so Laura and I had to just kind of make it up as we went along? Oh, and that before all that even happened we had to delay the start of the show because one of the actresses got stuck behind a big wreck and was running incredibly late? It all went fine, and all the troubleshooting was even kind of exciting in a way although I had to make three or four announcements to the entire house which is a lot more work than I usually do for my salary on any given night.

Speaking of money, at the restaurant job I've already made $100 this week just from working lunch yesterday and today. Since this is the job I got stuck working over Thanksgiving weekend, it's nice that I'm actually making some money. It makes staying here feel somewhat worthwhile. Although technically I did sort of travel for Thanksgiving since I'm staying at Chelsea's house while she's in El Paso. I brought Cohen and Jose up here and I'm watching all four animals over the long weekend. At this exact moment, three out of four of them are on the couch (Chelsea's cat Cedric is shunning the rest of us for some reason).

Anyway, I'm gonna go do some reading or studying and try to be productive since I'm taking the whole day off tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll be busy introducing Richie my Favorite Canadian to the joys of Thanksgiving, America-style. We're going down to San Antonio to hang out with my aunt, uncle, and cousins, which should be fun. And then Saturday is my second Imogen Heap concert this year! This time I'm going with Richie and Amanda, which should be a lot of fun, too. So yes. Stuff to look foward to, which is better than stuff to stress about.

Alright, I'm boring myself. Good night.

No comments: