Friday, November 24, 2006

The Day After

The only thing bad about going to someone else's house for Thanksgiving is that I don't have all the leftovers to make my standard day-after-Thanksgiving sandwich. So instead I just ordered myself chicken and artichoke fettucine from a restaurant around the corner that I like and it is going to be delivered any minute now. An okay compromise, I suppose.

Thanksgiving ended up being a lot of fun. Everyone seemed to really like Richie and he liked everyone, my cousins and cousin-in-laws and Richie and I drank several bottles of red wine and had some entertaining conversations, Richie had his first ever experience with green bean casserole (you should have seen the jaws drop around the table when everyone realized the Canadian had never had green bean casserole...which admittedly was never a standard at my family's Thanksgiving dinners but even I know it's like, THE traditional sidedish), and I got some good laughs from the antics of my cousin's four year-old daughter. It was a really good day.

I have nothing else to say, really. Good movies are on Bravo tonight so I think I'm gonna stay in (I say, as if I wasn't planning on staying in anyway even if there hadn't been good movies on TV). Maybe I'll even work on some application. Maybe.

No comments: