Sunday, November 26, 2006

Remember Pete and Pete?

I'm watching The Squid and the Whale right now, which I've been meaning to do since last spring but I just never got around to it. Tonight I found it sitting here on Chelsea's coffee table along with some other movies she borrowed from her neighbor, so I figured I'd see what all the hype was about. Anyway, it's very good so far (I'll have to see how it ends since I'm only an hour into it) but I can't stop thinking about how the oldest son in it reminds me of the older Pete from that old Nickelodeon show Pete and Pete. I know it's not him because the resemblance is not that exact and this guy wouldn't be the right age, but now I have a craving to watch an old episode of Pete and Pete. There should be a television channel that shows all those old Nickelodeon shows. Hey, Dude! was pretty awesome, after all.

I'm starting to feel pretty ready to move back to my own apartment. Staying at Chelsea's hasn't been bad. I hate her shower (no water pressure) and that she doesn't have a dishwasher (I'm lazy) and I've been having allergy attacks every day (because I'm allergic to all furry animals that I don't live with on a daily basis so all the Cedric/Morty hair is messing me up) and I've walked into the same oddly-placed dresser every single day at least once and now have a massive bruise on my right hip (because running into it once wasn't enough to teach me, apparently) but other than that I feel pretty settled in up here and I've had a good week. Plus I was able to do laundry for free and walking the dogs in her neighborhood is much more fun and exciting than walking them in mine, so there's that. Really, I've been having a nice time. However, Morty got out of the yard not once, not twice, but THREE times today and each time I had to chase him through the neighborhood wearing just my pajamas. His legs are about as long as a pony's so each time I had to rely on someone else to finally notice that I was running a block behind the dog shouting his name and tackle the dog for me and then hold him until I finally caught up. And of course Morty was absolutely gleeful and so proud of his antics. So yeah, thanks for the workout, Voldemort. You're a very sweet, crazy dog, but I'm glad your mom is coming home tomorrow.

Last night Amanda, Richie and I went to the Imogen Heap concert, and it was awesome. She put on a great show, once again. Her set was almost the exact same as the concert Matthew and I saw in May (almost all the same songs, different order), but that's not a problem considering she plays all my favorites. Her opening acts were great, too. There was Kid Beyond, this beat box guy that blew us away. I have no idea how one person can make so many sounds with his mouth, or how he discovered he had that talent in the first place. And the other opener, Levi Weaver, impressed me so much with his grace under pressure during some technical difficulties that I actually got all cheesy and sent him a myspace message telling him how much I'd enjoyed his set in spite of everything. I don't know what possessed me to do that since it's very unlike me to gush to total strangers, but oh well.

Anyway, catch an Imogen Heap concert if you can. She's a good performer and seems to be a genuinely nice person who cares about her fans. She actually recorded an outgoing voicemail message for Matthew when he waited for her after the Houston show. Who does that?! So cool. So yeah. All three of you that read this should check her out, and do it now before she disappears at the end of this tour to record a new album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see to me it just sounds like you have been working out with morty lol and as far as catching immie...i would soooooo go check her out again if she would stay in texas longer lol...and only 3 people read this??? i bet more do that you just dont know....love ya girl!