Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Froot Loopy

This time tomorrow I'll be finished with a stupid group project for my Contemporary World Theatre class that is driving me crazy, mainly because only two out of the four of us are actually doing any work. I'll be very happy when it's over.
Then all I have to do the rest of the semester is:
-My fifteen page paper on the controversy surrounding product placement on Broadway (halfway done already, as I've done 75% of the research and have a completed outline, abstract, and lit review)
-My twelve page paper on a comparison of the failed men in Albee's Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and Miller's Death of a Salesman as a microcosm of the destruction of the "American Dream" (due at the end of the semester, thank God because I have done nothing but come up with the topic and write the abstract)
-My however-long-I-feel-like-making-it paper (I'm thinking 5 pages, max) on a topic of my choosing for Stage Management
-My Stage Management prompt book, after I actually stage manage my show at the end of the semester
-My Directing notebook and script analysis (also due the last day of the semester, thank God because I haven't started on that either)
-Two more directing scenes

That's it. It's still a lot of work, but that's pretty much every bit of it right there, and just the fact that I can list it that easily is reassuring. I'll have a little bit of reading for Contemporary Theatre still, but I actually find that enjoyable so that's okay. And then the semester is over! And I'm 1/4 of the way towards my masters degree! Woohoo!

I'm craving rice krispy treats so badly right now. When I was a sophomore at TCU Kymberli and I used to eat lunch at Deco Deli pretty much every day and they had these rice krispy treats with bits of other cereal mixed in, like Froot Loops or Fruity Pebbles. Those were the best rice krispy treats in the entire world. Tragically, they stopped making them junior year for some reason, but man, I still think about how good those bastards were. I'd love one of those right now. Instead I just had a s'more, which was good but didn't quite fulfill the craving.

And now I'd like to go to bed, except my lazy butt basset won't wake up and come out of his crate where he's sleeping, and I refuse to go to bed until he lets me take him out to use the bathroom since otherwise he's gonna wake up at 6 a.m. wanting to go outside and homie don't play that game. Especially since I have to get up at 8 a.m. tomorrow anyway to finish my portion of this stupid group project.

Man, I'm fun tonight!

No comments: