Tuesday, October 11, 2005

First Post

Hi. So I now have a new blog here on Blogger. Bloggity-blog-blog-blog.
Remember when I used to hate Internet journals? Yeah, me too. That was mainly because I thought blogs were for bitchy high school girls who like to whine about how miserable their lives are. Actually, I still think that's who many blogs are for, but whatever. Blogging has come a long way since 2000 when I used to bitch about it all the time, let's put it that way.
I first started an online journal when I studied abroad in London as a way to keep in touch with everybody back home. It was quick, easy to do on the run, and I didn't have to spend a fortune on phone cards. So my journal started with a practical purpose and then kind of got addictive (obviously, as fifteen months later I'm still more or less keeping it up).
Why did I move to this new space? I don't know. It was 11:00 on a Monday night and I was bored but didn't feel like studying. Since I wasn't living in London anymore and hadn't been for over a year my old user name didn't apply and I was getting annoyed with it. Livejournal is for the above-mentioned whiny teenagers (I guess Blogger probably is, too, but I don't feel like I'm the oldest person in the world with a blogspot journal, and I like that). And I started realizing I'd like to use my journal to keep in touch with people again but I'd gradually gotten more personal there than I intended to and I was no longer comfortable sharing that journal with the entire world (which kind of defeats the whole purpose of writing online in the first place).
So that's how I got here. If you're one of the handful of people that actually read my old journal, don't worry. There will still be talk of phone sex and the stupid things people ask me at work and crazy neighbors and other people's lesbian makeout sessions...so really, this journal will be more or less exactly like the old one. Only new!
Anyway, I've been working on this thing instead of doing my reading for my theatre history class, but since class starts in an hour and a half it's probably time to quit procrastinating.

No comments: