Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Not Exactly Jumping Up and Down Yet, But...

So I woke up about an hour ago and on a whim I decided to check my application status at all of the schools I applied to last month. I already know Stanford said no (yes, it was Stanford, if I never mentioned that...do you see why I'm not exactly surprised that I didn't get accepted there? It really is quite a bit out of my reach, and more of a directing program than a dramaturgy program to boot, so not surprising at all). Also, I figure I can tell you the names of the schools I don't get into because the only reason I'm not telling you the others is that if I do get accepted and end up moving there I don't want to give out that much identifying information. Not that any more than six people actually read this thing, but still, I'm a little paranoid.
Anyway. I couldn't remember my screenname or password to log onto my application at the other California school, and I gave up on trying to figure it out, so I still don't know about that one. One of the schools up north is still pending, as is never-gonna-happen-longshot-number-two-east-coast school. And at the other east coast school I went to check my application and it says my application status is incomplete, which is completely screwed up because I'm 100% positive it was complete when I submitted it and paid the application fee last month. I'm hoping that the website is just being wonky and that they do in fact have all of my information on file; I have an e-mail out to someone right now hoping to clear that all up.
So then I checked my application status at the other school up north, and it listed all of my information and the program I'd applied to and all of that stuff, and then it said this:
"Status: You will receive a letter requesting that you confirm your plans to attend ____ _____University. Please confirm your intentions to enroll by APRIL 16, 2007."
I haven't received anything else from them yet, not an official letter or anything like that. They did send me a personal e-mail last week requesting my FAFSA information (you know, an e-mail addressed to me that didn't feel computer-generated and as if it had been sent to every applicant automatically), but that's all I've gotten so far. Still...does that sound like an acceptance to you?
I mean, surely that's not their idea of an "application pending" message. If so, that would be very misleading. If they're wanting me to confirm my intentions to enroll, that probably means I'm in, right?
I'm going to wait a week or two to see if I get an actual letter in the mail, and if not I'll call them to clarify. But...I think I might have actually gotten accepted somewhere!
This could still just be blah. They might be offering me no money at all whatsoever. It might be a computer error. I'm not counting my chickens yet, exactly.
But I'm feeling pretty hopeful right now, I must say.

No comments: