Friday, September 29, 2006

Weekend!

It has been a busy week around here. Surprise, surprise. I've been busy stage managing Mandi's show and doing some research for Kelly's show and studying for the test I had in my evening class tonight (which I think went okay; I'm absolutely positive I didn't answer anything wrong, I think the worst thing the prof can say is that I didn't provide enough detail in a couple of the essays...four "well-developed" essays in two hours and forty-five minutes...remind me again why I love being a student so much?) and answering the phone at least four to six times a day to answer questions for the people working in the box office and waiting tables and somehow I still haven't managed to get much done on my thesis other than working on the official proposal which I sort of need to rework part of anyway. I keep telling myself I'll have a lot more time to focus on it once Mandi's show closes and I'm no longer stage managing from 8 until 11 every night, so I hope that that's actually true.

Needless to say, I'm so ready for this weekend. I work tomorrow from 11:00 until 4ish and I have Cohen's training class from 1 until 4 on Sunday. My dog is in a really cool training class right now (well, he is at this exact moment, we'll see if he gets thrown out on Sunday) and I'll have to tell you about his training when I get the chance because my dog is being trained at the state psychiatric hospital and it's interesting, especially since I can say things like "I have to go to the mental hospital tomorrow" and actually mean it. But anyway, other than those two things I actually have the entire weekend free. There is nothing in my planner for Saturday! That NEVER happens.

The only other thing that is sort of on the agenda for this weekend is a date with that guy. We've been talking all week, not in an excessive, overwhelming way, but just a couple text messages each day and a few e-mails back and forth over the course of the week. I'm still feeling pretty good about it. He's not talking to me so much that it's freaking me out (and it's very easy to freak me out), but he's also not doing stupid things like saying, "I'll talk to you later" and then waiting three days to talk to me again. He told me he'd call me tomorrow and we'll go out this weekend, and there's no doubt in my mind that it will actually happen. I'm nervous, though. Now that I haven't actually seen him in four days I'm starting to worry that I made Sunday night out to be better than it was and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed this weekend. I've been on a few good first dates in my life but I've never really had a good second date. See, normally I don't even date. I usually--and by usually I mean ALWAYS--begin relationships by flirting extensively with and then kissing someone who was previously "just a friend" and then suddenly, oops, I guess maybe we're not just friends anymore! That's how I've ended up in every one of my previous relationships. It's pretty much unheard of for me to go on actual dates for the purpose of getting to know someone who is pretty much a stranger. In that circumstance no guy has ever gotten beyond a second date.

So yeah. I'm not hopeful, but I'm kind of excited anyway. At the very least it's something to do during my free weekend. I also have the urge to drink too much and make out with someone, but I'm pretty sure this is not the weekend to do that.

No comments: