Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Not Toolsday After All

I'm so bummed. Mandi and I were supposed to go to the Tool concert in San Antonio tonight but I just got an e-mail saying the show has been cancelled due to illness.

The show will be rescheduled, but they haven't set a new date yet. And really, what are the odds that they're going to reschedule to a night when I can actually go? I looked at the tour schedule and they have about a month off starting in October before they go on their European tour, and it seems likely that that's when they'll reschedule our show. But what are the odds that they'll reschedule it on a night that a) isn't a Thursday, b) doesn't conflict with the nights I'll have to work box office for the grad shows and c) doesn't conflict with Mandi's show (which I'm stage managing?)

So I'm going to just accept the fact right now that I probably won't get to see this concert after all. I'll get my money back at least, and I have seen them in concert two times already, but still. I was really looking forward to this. But people get sick, what can you do?

I guess I'll just spend the night reading Chekhov and watching Lost and moping.

No comments: