Monday, April 24, 2006

Just Happy

I just had to post briefly to say...I'm happy.

So often lately I've been writing about school stress, or the stuff with Mike that made me sad. (Incidentally, now that I've edited this journal and made it more public I realize that it has the weird effect of making it seem as though perhaps Mike is the only guy I've ever really been in a relationship with, because this journal a) begins about the time Mike and I started quasi-dating again after years of being more-or-less broken up, and b) by choice I've effectively eliminated any details of any other guys I've dated. That's not really important, just something weird I'm realizing).

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I keep forgetting to write about the good things. Things like the fact that even when the school work drives me crazy and I spend 7 straight hours working on a group project (like this afternoon) I fundamentally really enjoy what I'm studying. The fact that I can watch an hour of The Sopranos and analyze it from the viewpoint of a feminist scholar and actually call that "doing my homework." Or the fact that I really feel like I have close friends here now, friends that I can see myself knowing for life. Or the fact that I can put on the flowy white skirt I bought last weekend and put on my headphones and dance around my bedroom until I twirl too much and get dizzy and have to collapse on the bed laughing and nobody else can possibly walk in on this embarrassing display (although apparently I'm willing to post the scene on the internet for you to roll your eyes at).

I don't know, I'm just in a good mood today for little reasons, and I'm realizing that it has been a while now since I had a truly bad day. And that's a really good feeling, realizing that even though I still get a little pang in my heart now and then when I really think about it (oh, how poetic) I've made myself get to a good place. I feel a bit invincible today. Hopefully that's a sign that it's going to be a good week, because I have a lot of very important work due this week and it would be nice to have luck on my side.

Alright, I gotta go read Dallas and the Ideology of Mass Culture for my (last!) dramatic theory class on Tuesday, and there's a basset hound looking at me pitifully from the doorway, so I'm out.

No comments: