Wednesday, October 26, 2005

January is not all that far away

So I just registered for my classes for next semester.
I'm taking Dramatic Theory, Dramaturgy, Directing Styles, and Playwriting.
Of those I'm probably least excited about Dramaturgy, which is weird because I wouldn't mind being a dramaturg someday. It's just it's taught by a professor who kind of intimidates me (the same one I have for Drama Research right now) and I know it will involve a huge amount of writing.
Dramatic Theory seems like it will be interesting, and its taught by my favorite professor from this semester, so that should be good.
In Directing Styles we'll be directing one-acts, which is cool.
And Playwriting. I've always wanted to try it, I needed to fill an extra space in my schedule with an elective, so there ya go.
12 hours total, and I only go to class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which should be nice.
The scary thing is, it's already time to start thinking about my thesis, because after next semester I only have 6 hours of courses left to take and then the other 6 hours I need are my thesis. What the hell do I want to write about?
Oh well, I'm gonna go lie down and take a nap until it's time to meet with my actors for rehearsal for scene two of my directing project. It just never ends!

No comments: