Saturday, October 22, 2005

Fort Worth for Real

Since I have now been home for almost an entire week I think I should actually give a summary of everything awesome that happened in Fort Worth last weekend. It's not going to be a very detailed summary because somehow even though it's a Saturday night I still feel really busy and I can't shake the feeling that I should be doing school work (my God I'm boring right now), but at least I'm summarizing the trip, which is about all you can expect from me at this point.

Fun in Fort Worth, a Numbered List:

  1. A night at The Pub. Need I say more?
  2. Watching Elizabethtown with Kymberli and Jason. It got mixed reviews, but I liked it, mainly for the scene where Kirsten Dunst gets out of bed in the morning after hooking up with Orlando Bloom for the first time and he's fast asleep in the bed and as she is getting ready to leave she is making as much noise as possible, purposely dropping her stuff onto the bed and clomping around in her heels hoping that he'll wake up and say goodbye. Because I've totally done that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  3. Watching Aaron Kirby as Aladdin in "Aladdin Junior" at Casa Manana. Aaron did a good job, it was a kids' show (in case the title "Aladdin Junior" didn't tip you off to that), I laughed at a lot of things that weren't supposed to be funny but were funny to me (which is sort of the story of my life, actually).
  4. Cruising around to post-bar parties with Jorge and discovering we do an awesome duet on Kanye West's Gold Digga. He sings the Jamie Foxx part, I do the rapping. Because I don't care what none of y'all say, I still love her.
  5. Yelling "SCOTT!!" (a la Frau Farbissina) at Katy's fiancee multiple times over the course of the weekend and making a list of priorities as Katy's maid of honor, the most important of which is yelling "SCOTT!!" multiple times at all wedding-related functions. The rest of the priorities all involve her bachelorette party, pretty much.
  6. Awesome drugs. Really awesome drugs.
  7. "Starlight Express! Starlight Express!" (And I'm just gonna leave it at that. Because, well, there are no words.)
  8. The totally awesome cheer Kymberli and I made up on our way to the bar on Saturday night and then performed at The Shamrock for all of our friends, who weren't all that impressed with our TOTALLY AWESOME cheer for some reason. Possibly because it was really just a combination of a pre-existing Horned Frogs cheer and "Starlight Express! Starlight Express!" and three hand gestures, total. Or possibly because they weren't as buzzed as we were.
  9. Margaritas and spinach dip at Charleston's.
  10. Sex.
  11. Telling the guy with the girlfriend who had been unsuccessfully trying to kiss me at the bar for an hour, "If she is hitting on people in Denton and you are hitting on people in Fort Worth, then WHY are you two even in a relationship in the first place? Think about THAT, John," and then storming away from him to spend the night with someone else who doesn't have a girlfriend in Denton.

Good times, all in all.

No comments: