Friday, August 18, 2006

The Not-A-Post

So I had a decent-length, possibly semi-humorous post planned about my trip to Houston with my family this week. But now that I'm actually home I'm feeling too overwhelmed with other things to do and I don't feel like I have time to really blog tonight.
Part of the problem is that Chelsea and I drove home from Houston today, got to her house in Austin so that I could pick up my cat (I'd left Jose at her house so he'd have her cat Cedric for company; he gets bored and starts shredding my carpet if I leave him alone for more than one night in my apartment) and then drove down here. It's normally about a half hour drive to my house from hers but it took us more than an hour today because traffic was a nightmare. Then I picked up Cohen at the boarding kennel, got settled here at home, and then got a phone call from Chelsea saying I'd left my makeup bag at her house. I was in her house for three freakin' minutes! I only carried my makeup bag in so that I could give her back the lipsticks I'd borrowed from her. And I left the damn thing sitting on her dresser. So I immediately had to make the trip up to Austin and back. I'm an idiot. And I'm angry that I'm not comfortable enough to just live without my makeup until I see my sister again, but honestly, I'm not. I do go out without makeup, often. But I don't want to not have it at all for days and days and days. So yeah. There's that.


Then it just really hit me that class starts on Wednesday, and I'm freaking out. There's so much more that I wanted to accomplish this summer that I never got around to doing. It's just frustrating. I wanted to really start researching doctoral programs, I wanted to finish some personal writing projects, I wanted to really start on my thesis instead of just doing the bare minimum that I've had to do so far. But no, none of that really got done. If I push myself I may finish one personal writing project. I'd like to do that, at least. I just suddenly feel annoyed with myself for basically wasting the months of July and August.

Anyway, I want to get up early tomorrow and climb the stupid hill to the campus bookstore and the scholarship office before it gets so hot I die of heat stroke on the way up so I need to go to bed.

I really did have a lot of fun in Houston, though. Maybe I'll do a real update about it eventually. But in the meantime, there are pictures on my Photobucket page. I think if you're reading this you probably know how to get there. If not, the link is in my AIM profile. And if you don't have my AIM name either, well, you're out of luck for now unless you want to e-mail me or comment. I don't mind giving the link, I just don't really want to post the pictures right here on the blog right now.


P.S.-I think Mike and I are talking again. I say "think" because it's not like I made an official declaration that we should be speaking again, but we basically are. I feel good about it, I think. But it could also be an enormous mistake. I don't know anything anymore.

No comments: