Friday, March 23, 2007

Finished!!

It has been over a week since I last posted, so I have a lot to say. I need to tell you about the rest of the New York trip, mainly, (it got even better as the week went on, which shouldn't have even been possible) and I suppose I can tell you what has been going on around here, if I can think of anything vaguely interesting.

But today all you need to know is I FINISHED MY THESIS! Okay, technially it's 99% finished. Everything is written, the references pages are done (I HATE doing works cited pages, they are the bane of my existence), the images are in, the pages are numbered, the acknowledgement and title page and all that jazz is done. The only thing it is lacking at this point is the table of contents, which I opted not to do yet just in case I have to do some editing and my page numbers change, and my vita, which I realized just a couple of hours ago that I forgot to print out and include. Oops. But for all intents and purposes, it's finished. Now it's in the hands of my committee. I'm not anticipating having to do much editing since my committee chair has been helping me edit it as I go along, and since she has already approved everything I think my other two committee members will just go along with whatever she says. So I should get it back in a couple of weeks, and then it just needs to get approved by the graduate college, which I'm not at all worried about.

You'll understand, I'm sure, why I need to go out celebrating tonight. Now that this project is done I'm hoping I'll have so much free time that I won't know what to do with myself. I mean, there IS the matter of passing my comprehensive exam, but I'm hardly worried about that at all. Remember how I mentioned that I was chosen as the "most outstanding graduate student" in my department? Well, now they're telling me that as of this week I've also been named most outstanding graduate student in the entire College of Fine Arts. I feel so stupid even typing it, and all of my friends and professors keep telling me, "That's a big deal!" and then they make fun of me for just brushing it off like it's nothing and then I feel even more silly. But I don't know what the proper reaction should be, so I just keep saying, "Yeah! It's...cool." I don't actually win anything, just recognition at the department awards ceremony and at graduation and I get some sort of medallion, apparently, and it's something to put on my resume when I'm applying for jobs one of these days, and every little thing helps so I'm definitely grateful. But yeah. I'm really not all that worried about passing my comps. I figure if the most outstanding student in the college doesn't pass the comprehensive exam, no one will. Ha.

No comments: