Saturday, March 03, 2007

Best Band Name Ever

For reasons I don't entirely understand (yet another manifestation of their mutual midlife crises?) my parents are in Las Vegas AGAIN this weekend. I swear, every time I have talked to them in the past year they're either getting ready to go or have just returned from Vegas. And neither of them even gamble all that much (well, Dad is crazy about sports betting, but he does that at home anyway and doesn't need to go to Vegas for that). My parents, who are 50 years old, are going to Las Vegas every two months or so primarily to go clubbing. I'm not making this up. Hey, they're really happy, so good for them. Plus I'd much rather have a MILF for a mom then one of those ladies in a cat sweatshirt. I'm definitely not complaining.
Tonight--again for reasons I don't entirely understand--they're at a Christina Aguilera concert. The opening acts are Danity Kane and the Pussycat Dolls. Mom just sent me a text message informing me that Dad couldn't remember the name "Danity Kane" and so he called the group "Akita Dan". Akita Dan! I DIED when she told me that. I don't know why that's so funny, but it is. Akita Dan. I mean, it's not any more stupid than Danity Kane. In fact, it's much, much better.
Then a few minutes later Mom sent me another message saying my dad accidentally dropped his cell phone in his drink and that it's broken. How that happened is totally beyond me, but whatever. I think it's kind of funny, too, although not as funny as Akita Dan.

So my parents are tearing it up on Las Vegas. I on the other hand am lying on the couch with my basset hound on my lap getting ready to take a four hour nap and then do more work on my thesis. Maybe I'll be cool when I'm 50.

No comments: