Saturday, October 28, 2006

More Teasing, Still No Posting

So I was going to sit down tonight to write about everything that has been going on in my life lately but then I realized I'm just way too tired. That and I somehow just killed three hours of my life catching up on e-mail and posting pictures and while that was stuff I needed to do, I can't believe how long it took me to catch up on all of it and I just can't justify spending any more time on the internet tonight. Not when I have actual homework to do. I mean, it's not like I'm going to actually do homework on a Saturday night, either, but I could at least go to sleep a couple of hours earlier than normal so that I can stay up later and do more homework tomorrow without needing a nap.

Rocky opens a week from Tuesday and I'm absolutely nowhere near where I need to be for that project, surprise surprise. Procrastinating has served me well my entire life, why start making things easier on myself now? My work on Kelly's show is over, but it doesn't matter because I really need to start working on school applications NOW so one project has just replaced another, and I think I bombed a test on Thursday night because I rushed the last of the three essays so that I could finish the test in time to go see a show and drink margaritas with some of the other grads. At the time I didn't care, but now that a couple of days have gone by I'm thinking that, hmmm, maybe sacrificing twenty points of my test score for a margarita wasn't the wisest idea. I can only hope that it's more like ten points instead of twenty and that the fact that everyone else except for two people had already finished the test before me (which is why I was rushing in the first place) means that they didn't write fabulously detailed answers, either.

So, uh, school is...yeah.

I went out three nights in a row this week and was drinking on two of them, which is not my standard operating mode anymore, so I think that's maybe why I'm feeling extra tired tonight. The fact that I even consider two nights in a row of drinking as a big deal is kind of sad to me. Or maybe I'm supposed to be proud of myself that I'm not boozing four or five nights a week anymore? The fact of the matter is that my overall level of productivity seems to be about the same whether I'm drinking four nights a week or half that much, so I don't know what that says about me. It was a fun week, and I'm glad everyone in my life has a little more time to hang out these days outside of the academic setting, but next week I'm putting myself under house arrest. For real this time.

I still have so many other things I'd really like to get around to talking about eventually. Here's a preview of some things I may or may not ever actually write about:
-The party and the Stones concert in El Paso that I still haven't talked about but really should because that's actually something somewhat exciting and out of the ordinary and surely that would be more interesting than another I'm So Busy entry
-Cohen's painting skills at our trip to Pet Fest today
-My current stand on the Mike situation (incidentally, don't even get me started on why after eight months there's still even something I think about as the "Mike situation" in the first place because Jesus, shouldn't we have a handle on this by now?!), or the sort-of-flattering-sort-of-sad text messages I'm once again getting from The Ex Who Shall Not Be Named, or the confusing mixed messages I am occasionally getting from a friend, or all the 18 year olds that have crushes on me (why?!), or something, ANYTHING remotely interesting involving a guy
-Thanksgiving plans, as this is the first year of my life that I'm not going home for Thanksgiving and I can't decide what to do with myself
-Thoughts on my upcoming 24th birthday (soon, too soon)

No comments: